How long to grill 2-inch pork chops? This is a question that many people ask, and it can be hard to answer. One person might say 5 minutes on each side, while another says 3-4 minutes per side.
In this article, we will discuss whether or not you should grill your 2 inch chops for less time if they are thicker than normal and how long to grill them for if they are thinner than normal.
How to Grill 2 Inch Pork Chops
Here’s a quick and easy dish for grilling 2-inch pork chops on your barbecue.
- Pork chops, preferably of even thickness (about an inch)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Take a mixing basin and add all the marinade components, starting with lemon juice and ending with black pepper. Gently pick every boneless pork chop using a fork after thoroughly mixing them all.
- Allow the pork chops to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat your barbecue grill to medium-high heat, brush lightly with olive oil, and place the meat on it once it’s hot enough.
- Cook each side for about two or three minutes before removing from the fire – check that they are well done by making sure that there is no pink in the middle.
How Long to Grill 2 Inch Pork Chops?
You must cook the pork chops on a direct flame with the cover of your grill shut. Cook them only if your chops are well-marked. It may take you 8 to 12 minutes to prepare the pork chops, including flipping them once. Your pork chops should be barely pink in the center and have an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit. For the juiciest burgers, rest them for 5 minutes after cooking before cutting and serving with various condiments.
Grilled Pork Chops Nutrition Facts
Pork chops are a favorite for many people when it comes to grilling, and they usually consist of about 30 percent fat (compared to beef which contains closer to 40%). They make an excellent choice because their flesh is much more tender than other red meats.
One chop grilled without the fat will give you about 130 calories and six grams of protein – not too bad for a quick and easy meal on the grill! When grilling your pork chops, remember to add healthy sides like steamed vegetables or brown rice to make it a complete dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Long to Grill Pork Chops if They Are Thinner Than Normal?
If your chops are thinner than you normally buy, they will cook more quickly. The exact time to grill them depends on the thickness – about minutes per side for inch chops.
Q: How Long to Grill Pork Chops if They Are Thicker Than Normal?
If your pork is thicker than normal, it will need more time on the grill – about minutes per side for two-inch-thick chops.
The thickness of your pork is important for how long it should be grilled. If the meat is thinner than normal, you will want to shorten the cooking time so as not to become too dry. If thicker than usual, increase the cooking time to cook through properly.
For now that you know how long to grill 2-inch pork chops, fire up the barbecue and get your grilling on!