What could be better than a succulent, juicy steak? If you ask anyone who has ever cooked one on the Traeger grill, they will tell you that there is nothing better. Well, now you must be wondering about how to cook a steak on a Traeger grill. So, keep reading.
Cooking steaks on your Traeger grill can be easy and fun. You do not need to be an expert chef or experience cooking meat to cook a delicious steak. We are going to discuss how to cook a steak using a Traeger grill.
Traeger Steak How to Cook a Perfect?
Here is a step by step guide to cook a perfect Traeger steak:
- To begin with, you must have a great sear since searing might assist in blending natural flesh flavors. This action also imparts new tastes that are appropriate for your dish.
- You must preheat your Traeger grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the temperature is reached, you need to brush the steak with a little oil and season it on both sides by sprinkling salt and pepper or other preferred spices onto it. You can also add garlic powder if you want to. Make sure not to spread the seasoning after you have put it onto the steak.
- After that, place your seasoned steak on top of the grill grates and close it for about three minutes. After three minutes are up, flip over the steak to cook for another set amount of time (about two more minutes). Then remove from the heat by taking off the lid with tongs or spatula.
- Now, you need to let the steak rest for five minutes before cutting into it. This will allow all of those juices to stay inside and not run out onto your plate.
Traeger Tips to Grill a Perfect Steak
Tip 1: Get Fresh Meat
Freshness must take precedence when preparing a steak. It is best to get your steaks as soon as possible the day before you intend on cooking them.
Tip 2: Marbling
Marbled steaks are the best because they have a high level of fat, and this adds flavor. Fat is essential for cooking meat since it helps render some of the muscle fibers, making them much more tender than leaner cuts.
Tip 3: Steak Preparation
You mustn’t over-season the steak. You only need to season it with salt and pepper or other preferred spices like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, etc. How
Tip 4: Preheating Your Grill
Preheat your grill for at least ten minutes before putting any meat on top of it since this will allow the grill grates to heat up properly. How
Tip 5: Season it Properly
After preheating your grill, you need to apply a thin coat of oil on the steak and then season it with salt and pepper or preferred spices.
Also, sprinkle the salt and pepper directly in your hand’s palm and then massage it into the meat before slapping and flipping steaks on the grill.
Tip 6: Final touch
We recommend melting a pat of butter over the steak after grilling for an extra finishing touch. The melted butter enhances the flavor and taste of each bite of your steak without detracting from it in any way.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how to cook a steak on a Traeger grill at home. If you have any questions or need help, feel free to contact us anytime since we are always happy and willing to assist our readers with their cooking needs.